Spent a great weekend with my mom and my friends. I needed the time with her and the time to relax. I’m starting to understand when I need a break and when I need to speak up and, as I’m slowly learning that, I’m also learning who I can talk to about certain things and who I can’t.
Learning these things about yourself is important and listening to yourself is equally important. Once you start to pay attention and really get to know yourself, you can start to sort the noise from insights.
So, on Sunday I am thankful for:
- The time and adventures I got with my mom
- Her hugs and kindness she always shows, even if she’s feeling down
- Grateful for beautiful days and having coffee with her
Today, on Monday, I am grateful for:
- A new week full of possibilities and opportunities
- Time with my friends and baking cookies when its cold and gloomy outside
- The chance to know myself and what is best for me, despite what others think or say
If you’re having a tough day, be thankful the wisdom and advice of others. If you’ve dealt with a specific situation lately or you’re still sorting through some things, think about the advice you got and who it came from and then don’t forget to ACTUALLY thank them.